Home Water Conservation
We had heavy snowfall this past winter that has helped to pull Utah out of our long draught. However, we still live in a desert and it is extremely important to conserve all of the water that we can. Follow these tips to be 'water wise'.
• Adjust the float level in your toilet to reduce the water required to flush. l
• Limit shower time.
• Install a flow-control device in your showers.
• Don’t use your clothes washing machine with less than a full load.
• Use a pan of water when peeling and cleaning vegetables and fruits rather than letting the sink tap run.
• Run the dishwasher only when it is completely full, and scrape rather than rinse dishes that go in the dishwasher.
• Water the lawn less frequently and only at night to reduce evaporation losses.
• Remove weeds promptly – they rob other plants of water.
• Mow less – mowing puts grass under stress, which makes it need more water.
• Mulch shrubs and garden plants to retain moisture in the soil longer.