Air Conditioning Maintenance
It's summer in Utah and it is especially hot this year. Having a properly working A/C unit is essential to beating the heat. Follow these maintenance tips below to help avoid the risk of a broken unit.
• Have a professional check your system periodically.
• Oil the blower motor and fan on both the condensing and the evaporation units annually.
• Keep the condensing-unit pan free of bugs, leaves and dirt.
• Check the tension on the condensing and evaporation unit blower fan belts each spring.
• Inspect the blower ducts and joints for leaks and insulation slippage annually.
• Clean or replace air filters frequently.
• Keep the blower motor fan blade free of mold and mildew.
• Set your a/c fan speed on high except when it’s humid.
• Use a whole-house attic fan.
• Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer.
• Don't place electronic equipment near your air-conditioning thermostat.